Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Britain is Awesome! (part 1)

Just a few random things I ADORE about my new country.....

1) I'm growing my own tomatoes, lettuce and potatoes. In my own garden at the back of my house. And they're edible. Haha.

2) The cars here are so cute and tiny. None of this gargantuan monster-truck nonsense from back in Hawaii.  (Of course you have to have a small car in order to play the road chicken games that everyone engages in here. It's like playing super mario carts on miniature sized roads. Seriously.)

3) Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE brings their own shopping bags into the grocery store whenever they go shopping.

4) Whenever I want to, I can fly from London to Venice, Italy for only £11.99.  Ummm, yes please.

5) Curry!!!!  Saturday nights are curry nights here. Korma, Jalfreze, Rogenjosh, Tikki Masala....I love them all. Toast up a few pershwari naan breads and you've got yourself a plate full of delishisness.

Just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll have loads more to add....

1 comment:

brookemaui said...

Definitely a little j about the whole fly to Venice thing for about US$20 and the Indian food. Big Island is sorely lacking in the Indian food department, meanwhile, I had been quite spoiled in Kihei with 2 whole places!! Ben's been trying to learn some recipes - not too bad, but the naan has not been working out. And not one store sells it on this giant rock! Such is the terrible fate of someone stuck in tropical paradise (or, whatever Kona can be considered). :)