Friday, April 30, 2010

Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Approved! Approved! Approved!!!!!!!!

It's official!  I have a visa stamp in my passport! I am now legally allowed to enter and reside in the United Kingdom with my fabulously wonderful British husband!!!

We were chatting on webcam this morning and just happened to be commiserating on the worry that we both have over the whole process. Even if you have all of your paperwork in order, it is impossible not to fret over things when they are so out of your control. So we were in the middle of discussing how we need to stay positive when I got a phone call from the Courier.

And she said those magic words:  Your visa has been approved!

I immediately shouted "We're Approved" and Pete was shouting on his side and grinning like a fool and we were punching the air and celebrating and wishing more than anything we could hug eachother right then and there. It was a fabulous moment. Such amazing news!!!

So the Courier will be posting my visa back to me today via FedEx, and I should have it sometime on Monday or Tuesday (depending on how motivated the island delivery guy feels like being). And then it will be time to jump in the next plane heading towards England....and my whole new life as an American Expat in Britain will begin.

Joy!

Thanks to everyone who crossed their fingers for me!

3 comments:

Nanny Adventures said...

Let me be the first person to Congratulate you on becoming a British wife to your husband and having your passport stamped. i am so excited it happened so fast. That is just great! Just think this time next week you will be in England with your hubby. I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!!

Yankeebean said...

This is a very joyful post and took me right back to the day my visa was approved. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!