Friday, March 5, 2010

Shades of white

I'm bleaching my teeth for the wedding.  Lord knows with the amount of coffee I drink my teeth are nowhere near photo ready. Thank god I don't smoke. Or drink tea (yet).

I'm using the Whitening Strips again. I've used them before many times. But this time I went with a slightly different gimmick feature. Still the same brand, mind you. But this go-round I'm sporting the "Advanced Seal" strips for thirty minutes every day. I'll freely admit, my purchase was based on the fact that these were on sale at Costco last month. No actual thought went into the selection.

According to the package, these are meant to be different than the original strips in that they aren't supposed to slide around on your teeth all willy nilly. The original strips practically play dodge ball in your mouth. And you end up swallowing about 2.4 pints of bleachy goo during each whitening session. Ok, so it doesn't say that part on the box. But it should.

Today was day one of using them. From the moment I rip open the packet, I immediately promise myself that I will never use another strip for as long as I draw breath. I mean, what is this: No messy gel? A strip that's long enough to cover all applicable teeth? No bleach dripping down the back of my throat? Absolute madness!

And the best part - they stay put. They really do. The "Advanced Seal" wasn't just a gimmick after all. Go figure. Could this be truth in advertising? I'll wait my 18 remaining days and report back if the goo-less strips actually perform as well as their slippery predecessors. But right out of the starting gate I'm really impressed with how well the product stood up to at least it's claim to seal well. 

Next thing you know, they'll come out with a pair of jeans that fit both my waist AND my height.

Haha.
I kid. I kid.

1 comment:

Shakesearediva said...

You're a brave girl! Maybe I just have an over active gag reflex, but I could never go there. Good luck with it all, and thank you so much for your comments on my recent post. :) xx