Wednesday, March 10, 2010

That's what I get for being curious....

I have always HATED the look of Ugg boots. They are quite simply the most butt-ugly boots on the planet. They are completely flat soled, which is uber unflatering for any woman. And even the most feminine girly-girls look like a complete clodhopper when they are stomping around in huge brown Uggs. I think they are even uglier than the moon boots I wore in fourth grade. And believe me, I was not Little Miss Style back then. Ok, not now either.


However, I have a small confession.
 
During my last trip to Oahu I stayed at the Ala Moana hotel (which is practically attached to the Ala Moana shopping center). I was tooling around in the mall...(after I had already finished a long day of work, of course) and I walked past a display of Ugg boots in a high end department store. Dozens of styles and colors, women trying them on everywhere I looked. I thought to myself...why not slip one on? Why not just see what all the hype is about? Or even better yet, try a pair on, take a picture and send it out to friends as a laugh.....
 
Only the thing was, the instant that I slid my foot in......I got it. I understand exactly what everyone is talking about. Utter, furry fabulousness. And comfort? Oh my gawd. I never wanted to take my foot out of there.
 
I thought the price was ridiculously high, so I didn't buy any. Well, that and I knew Pete would laugh me out of the house if he found out I had changed my mind. But now that I'm back home, I find myself stalking ebay listings hoping to find a good deal. Maybe it's just a part of getting older where suddenly I care more about comfort than about how I look. Or maybe it's because the world seems to find unflattering boots unreasonably fashionable, so maybe it's time I get over my oppositions as well.
 
At any rate, I figure if I find a pair, I'm going to just get them and then work out my "ummmmm, I never said I hated them, exactly" speach. You know, for when Pete gives me the look.

No comments: