Monday, March 22, 2010

Ten big smiles

Lookie here!!!! Smocha over at one of my favorite blogs Cats on the British Counter passed this on to me. She even said my blog makes her happy. Awwwwwww. How cool is that? Smocha always makes me laugh...even when she's having a moan about her lack of clothes dryer or losing entire roasts out of grocery bags...she's always making me smile. Plus, she loves thrift store shopping almost as much as me! Adore her!

So now, in exchange I need to list 10 things that make me happy. This shouldn't be hard.....all I do is smile lately. :)

1) Of course this is number one:  I'm getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In  mere 13 days! Woop Woop!

2) Shopping makes me very, very happy. I find it ridiculously easy to hand over any money I have in my purse if it means you'll give me a bag with something pretty in it. I'm unhealthy.

3) My friends. Ok, so it's true, none of them actually live close to me anymore. But I value them all the same. Maybe more so, because they work to keep a friendship going even across the distance. My friend Blake in particular has been my virtual Maid of Honor during this whole pre-wedding process. Looking at dozens of dresses with me online, giving opinions on different hairstyles, shoes, flowers, invitations.....she's been a dream friend and I love her to bits.

4) My new natural mineral makeup.  I. Simply. Love. It.   I never want to go back to pressed powder every again.

5) Webcam dates with my honey. I live for them. Hearing my honey's voice, seeing his smile, sharing a laugh, getting a virtual hug. What heaven.

6) My sister emailed me a long, heartfelt email today, and it made me feel close to her for the first time in probably ten years. I couldn't be happier about that. I hope this is the start of a fresh relationship with her. I want to have a little sister again!

7) Living in Hawaii, and being able to see things like this literally everywhere makes me happy:
8) My trash TV.   Hahahaaa.  I do love my shows. America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Sheer Genius....I look forward to them each week. :)   I really am a horrible couch potato.

9) I'm getting a new Mom! And that makes me feel so blessed and contented. She is kind and sweet and accepting. And I feel enormously lucky to be marrying into such a welcoming family.

10) The excitement I have over the concept of starting a brand new life in a brand new country. It's thrilling and romantic and stressful and scary and promising all at the same time. I can't wait for it all to start! Go life! hahaha.

And that's my ten things. I don't know enough bloggers in order to pass this on yet. But do go and visit my friend Smocha and say hi to her!  :)
 

No comments: